Want to learn new skills, serve your community and help build a house all at the same time? Volunteer at the Morris Habitat ReStore in Randolph, NJ! You’ll help the ReStore team earn profits that build affordable homes, but you won’t have to swing a hammer or get your boots muddy. If you’re looking for volunteer opportunities in or near Randolph, NJ, the ReStore is the place!
Volunteers take on a wide range of responsibilities and are vital to keep the Morris ReStore operating as a successful retail outlet. The Morris Habitat for Humanity ReStore offers volunteer opportunities for high school students, college students, adults with free time between jobs, and retired people looking for a reason to get out of the house. Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older to volunteer without a chaperone in the store. Volunteers between 14-15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult chaperone.
Choose from many fun volunteer opportunities in Randolph, NJ, with our Morris Restore organization to lend your time and talents:
- Donation Receiver: Receive all donation drop offs at the donation door. Price donations and place them on sales floor.
- Furniture Mover/Merchandiser: Help with pricing and appraising. Assist on sales floor.
- Repair Department: Make furniture repairs.
- Cashier: Work cash register proficiently.
- Concierge: Create a sold tag for merchandise that is purchased and enter data on the items. Help customers when they are picking up their product.
- Customer Counter: Count the number of customers in the store. Answer general questions. Know sales promotions for the day.
- Customer Service Support: Assist shopping customers with current sales promotions. Answer general questions.
- Receipt Checker: Stand at the exit door and check receipts as customers leave the building.
- Art Department: Help with the pricing and display of art work. Experience preferred but not required.
- Lighting Department: Help with the pricing and display of various lighting fixtures and lamps.
- ReStore Collection: Help customers in the Collection Boutique room.
Current Volunteer Needs
- Concierge: Help customers after they have made purchases. Create sold tags and handle the process of picking up the product.
- Customer Counter: Count the number of customers in the store. Help customers by answering general questions and knowing sales promotions for the day.
We need volunteers for mornings and afternoons Tuesday through Saturday. Although most shifts are 4 hours, the minimum shift is 2 hours. We are always happy to welcome regular volunteers who return for several days a week.
We also have special projects suitable for groups of 5 to 10 people who are looking for volunteer opportunities. Possible tasks could include rearranging our floor displays, giving the store an overall cleaning, or helping on days of major sales events. Contact Ben Roberts: firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about scheduling your group.
First and foremost, you will have the warm feeling that comes from making a difference in the lives of others. More practical rewards include:
- 10% discount for volunteers on ReStore purchases
- The chance to see new donations on the first day they are for sale
- Parties and celebrations to honor our volunteers
- Making new friends with your co-workers
- The possibility of moving into a paid position
Become a Volunteer
- Please go to our Volunteer Calendar and register as a new volunteer.
- Sign up for an online orientation. ReStore orientations are held via Zoom every other Monday from 12:00-1:00 p.m. and every other Wednesday from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- After attending the online orientation, you may sign up for an in-person training held every other Thursday and every other Saturday from 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
- Review the Attire and Safety requirements on the Volunteer Calendar.
- Bring a signed Release and Waiver Form with you the day of training. You can save the blank form to your computer and type in the information before printing it out, or you can print the blank form and fill it out neatly by hand.
- ReStore volunteers must be at least 14 years of age to volunteer in the store. Youth volunteers ages 14 or 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult chaperone. One adult chaperone is required for every 5 youth.
- Once your one-time training is complete, you will be able to see available positions and shifts to sign up for on the online calendar.